Sunday, July 29, 2012

MAY I just say.....!

Birdie's 9th Birthday started the Merry Month of May with a BANG!
Her crazy Daddy was right there...pumpin up the jam...gettin the party started!


Kylie and Jadyn traveled all the way to Sahuarita for the festivities...and I put them to work stamping postcards for work...cheap (and CUTE) labor!




Happy Mother's Day to ME! Being a "mother" is the best thing that ever happened to me.....I LOVE it and I love all our kiddies and their kidlets.
But this day makes me think of MY mother more than myself. No one on EARTH has EVER had a mother like mine! Dorris Ann Beasley Julian was one of a kind! She was the closest thing to perfection I have even seen. I NEVER heard her EVER say an unkind word about ANYBODY...she was so unselfish - there was NOTHING she wouldn't do for you. She didn't enjoy very good health...but only those closest to her knew how sick she really was...she would go and do as long as she possibly could...then collapse into bed till she felt like going some more! And was she ever BEAUTIFUL!! Wow, have you seen her pictures???







That's my mama! I miss her so much it hurts...so I just keep dreaming of the day we'll be together again...just HOPING I'm good enough to go where I KNOW she is!



SO.........I got treated RIGHT by Allison - she sure knows the way to my heart...yeah, cookies!!


She and Jackson surprised us and Grandma with a wonderful dinner...yummy!




It's been too long to remember, but it looks like we were dinning at Joe's Farm Grill - who is taking the picture? Your guess is as good as mine! If you were there...please refresh my memory (or I can go read my journal!) Doesn't Mike look CUTE??!!!??? Yeah, a muffin if I ever saw one!! I sure do love the Muffin Man!


Later on in May...my dear cousin Teri Ann came out to spend a relaxing weekend with us in the country! We swam and ATE and watched movies and gabbed about the good ol' days! I love that girl...we used to have so much fun on her Grandfather Openshaw's dairy farm when we were silly teenagers! I especially remember the evening I lost my flip flop in the alfalfa wagon, and found it the next morning in the feed trough just a big fat cow was about to snack on it! Good times!



Little 6 yr old Jadyn had a "friend & cousin" birthday party so Mimi & Papa decided to crash it! What a hoot!

And did you EVER see a cuter cake? Nope...I don't think so! Good job Mel!!


Around the same time...we started harvesting from our garden...a COMPLETE FAILURE this year!...Just look at these pathetic yields...yeah...that shiny thing is a QUARTER and that's our first tomatoe and jalapeno! It gets a little better later...but this was the worst year EVER! It got so hot around the time the blossoms were setting, and all but 3 tomatoe plants died, and 6 of 9 yellow crockneck squash plants bit it. Yellow bell peppers survived and you'll see them later!


Well, folks, that's what happened in May - Pretty exciting stuff....believe it or else!















No comments: