Sunday, February 03, 2008

"My Story"

(I couldn't find the download... here are the words)
I'm the one that writes my own story
I decide the person I'll be
What goes in the plot, and what will not
is pretty much up to me
And just in case I need to erase,
it was figured out before
a thing called repentance,
can wipe out a sentence, a page, or a chapter, or more
Everyone, who writes his own story
now and then will make some mistakes
But given some care, they needn't stay there,
and this is all that it takes
You must know, you've done wrong and so
you feel very bad and then
You don't try to hide it
You do try to right it
and vow you won't do it again
This Book of Mine is very important
and so Someone is waiting right there
to help with my story, He's been there
before me, and always as close as a prayer
We will write each day and night
and do it faithfully
A wonderful story of sadness and glory
It's written by Jesus and me.
My Story, "My Turn on Earth" by Carol Lynn Pearson & Lex De Azevedo

2 comments:

ME said...

Woah! That brought back memories for me. I need to find that CD - my girls would love it. By the way, I still have your VHS of it & I don't even own a working VCR. I've never seen the CD though, have you?

jack+alli said...

i love it. i'm sure i have heard it before, but it is good to be reminded...