Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday May 17th was a special day...

First off, let me just say to you all out there in FamilyLand...I love you each so very mucho! I'm so glad you picked me to be your mommy and that you picked such wonderful people to be the mothers and fathers of your sweet, talented children...making it soooooo fun to be the Mimi! Yesterday beautiful Lainie was baptized by her handsome father, Luke! We were all gathered there to witness this great even in her life ...sorry Uncle Steele left the building before we snapped this photo of the confirmation group with Lainie. Then off to another meetinghouse for a delectible luncheon orchastrated by Rennie - great job and thanks to all who helped her make it a fun time for everyone. Luke gave very clear and precise clean-up instructions...NOT!
Thanks Uncle Kim for spending part of your day with us - you rock as a supportive uncle! And a special thanks to Rennie's parents Rob and Sally for mopping up after us! Hey, you two, it sure was fun having you stay here with us - you are ALWAYS welcome (they are great houseguests and I highly recommend them to you all!) Next, Stephanie, Jackson, Allison, Papa and me went to watch Kylie and Jadyn dance in their lovely recital...while others found places to nap (Jackson's house was a very popular choice). Great job Mel and Emma - your spring recital was fabulous - and good luck on a great summer enrollment!
NEXT, we all gathered at MHS's best ball field! I loved that we got the one with grass instead of the dumb dirt ones! The kids took turns batting with the adults and that kept the outfield interested enough to play for 3 hours!! Thanks Sammy for heading up this long due gift to Papa for his birthday! It was WELL worth waiting for, and I think you've created a new family tradition!! Let's shoot for early spring and late fall for semi annual games, if not MORE! Crazy Ned served up an awesome sub and Lainie shared all her left over goodies from her baptizm luncheon...and Sam & Ruth's homemade rootbeer was a hit (as soon as Allison got through sitting on the lid, that is!) I thought my camera had a dead battery so I didn't get but one photo (the lid just wasn't shut tight enough to hold them in - dang it!) So I'll share what I got. Thanks again to all the Hallows, Gouldings and Parkinson's for making Sat. May 17, 2008 a VERY SPECIAL DAY INDEED!

1 comment:

jack+alli said...

too bad stephanie sneezed in our food.
but seriously, we had a "ball" saturday, and can't wait to do it again! next time with RUBY!!!